Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hollywood comes to the burbs

I have been on hiatus for some time, and to my loyal followers (all 2 of you) I sincerely apologize.

It appears that the rumor to film an Ashton Kutcher movie in my neighborhood is actually a true statement. I decided to give lady luck a try at a recent open casting call held at the local elementary school cafeteria (nothing but the best.)

If Lionsgate films is looking for a stressed out mother, a screaming two year-old, and one impatient 4 year-old then we have a good shot at a part. However, that hasn't stopped me from trying to get my back or legs cast in the film. Each day, I take to the streets of my neighborhood in my best workout clothes (clothes normally reserved for knocking around rather than running around) hoping for a chance to be cast as "jogger in background." A title that I take quite seriously.

Up until a few weeks ago, I could have given 2 shits about celebrities or my fulfillment of my 15 mintues. But there is something about being a part of filming that plays into the main reason we love movies, escapism. Either way, I don't give a shit. The hollywood bug has bitten me, and I am loving every childish minute of running past construction workers and set designers.

No comments: